Evaporated milk is derived from fresh milk by removing its water and is heated at high temperatures. Heating at a high temperature changes its color and gives a cooked and creamy taste.
You can also use it as a substitute for fresh milk in various recipes. Here, in this article, we will share some important tips that help you use, store and buy evaporated milk.
Evaporated milk has healthy calcium, protein, and vitamins like A & D that are beneficial for general health, especially bones. This milk is available in cans in the market that helps to preserve calcium and protein effectively.
How to find energy drink suppliers in UAE? Read this.
Tips on how to buy evaporated milk:
- Look for the quality and ingredients of evaporated milk.
- Make sure to compare the prices of each brand.
- Choose a reliable grocery store.
- Avoid buying evaporated milk cans that are dented, rusted, leaked, or bulging lids. These signs show that food is spoiled, and using this milk can be harmful to health.
- If you are not a shopaholic person, make sure to buy extra cans.
- Before buying evaporated milk can, make sure to check the expiry date.
- Consider buying milk from trusted and reliable brands.
Tips on how to store evaporated milk safely:
- If you want to store evaporated milk in bulk, choose a dry and cool place to store this milk. This way, you can protect the unopened evaporated milk can from rust.
- For better taste and quality, be sure to use this milk before the date. Moreover, use older milk cans.
- Do not use leaked, cracked, dented, or rusted cans, as they can cause a smell in the fridge.
- Avoid storing evaporated milk in an air-tight container. Store them in the refrigerator and try to use them within the week.
- Avoid freezing evaporated milk as it can be watery after freezing.
Tips on how to cook food with evaporated milk:
- Before using evaporated milk for cooking food, make sure to shake the can carefully.
- Undiluted milk is the better option for recipes as compared to cream.
- Evaporated milk is not reliable to make whipping creams.
- Evaporated milk brings better taste in food instead of using fresh milk.
Things you can cook with imported evaporated milk:
- You can mash carrots and potatoes with canned milk to make it creamy.
- Several desserts can cook with evaporated milk like strawberry ice cream, peanut butter pie, and many more.